Dr Charlie Lin understands that losing your mobility and independence can greatly affect your quality of life. That is why he takes the time to listen to you and understand your individual situation.
He is passionate about working with you while combining his expertise and the best in modern technologies to achieve the best possible outcome.
A few interesting facts about Dr Charlie Lin:
- One of the first orthopaedic surgeons in Sydney who is gained early experience in robotic-arm assisted partial knee surgery in 2015.
- He is now fully accredited in MAKO robotic technology in partial knee, total hip and total knee replacements.
- Dr. Lin successfully performed one of the first robotic-arm assisted total knee replacements in Sydney in 2017.
- Special interest in hip and knee reconstruction and replacement surgery, complex trauma surgery including pelvic and acetabular reconstruction.
- Trained in deformity correction procedures of the lower limb.
- Experienced surgeon performing Taylor Spatial Frame Computer Assisted deformity correction procedures of the lower limb.
- Worked at Liverpool Hospital Sydney as a trauma orthopaedic surgeon dedicating his time to performing complex trauma surgery.
- Set up his private practice at Sydney Adventist Hospital (2012)
- Appointed as an Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital (public) in 2012.
Qualifications & Memberships:
- BSc Med MBBS from the University of New South Wales (2000)
- Awarded the Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery by RACS (2010)
- Completed a fellowship program in Hip and Knee Reconstruction and Replacement at the world-renowned Rubin Institute of Advanced Orthopeadics in Baltimore, Maryland USA.
- Completed an AO Trauma Fellowship in complex pelvic and acetabular trauma management at Harborview Medical Centre in Seattle, Washington USA.
- Completed a Hip/Knee and Trauma Fellowship at Royal North Shore Hospital.
- Member of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Society of Arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopaedic sports medicine.